The Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund strives to create a future where all people have the opportunity to live, work and raise their families with dignity.
Motivated by our values, the Fund seeks to:
- Support equal opportunities for immigrants to become active citizens and achieve the American dream.
- Advance the cause of full equality for gays and lesbians, with a focus on equal marriage rights.
- Close the opportunity gaps in San Francisco’s public schools to even the odds and improve life chances for all students.
- Build the skills and abilities of organization and movement leaders so they can advance the cause of social change.
- Strengthen the Bay Area as a community, with spaces and institutions that bring people together and enrich lives.