The Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund works to advance equality and justice so every person can thrive and live life with dignity and hope.
The Haas, Jr. family’s love and deep appreciation for the vitality and beauty of the San Francisco Bay Area and its diverse people and cultures inspire our work. Guided by the values of inclusion, respect, collaboration, and courage, we are compelled to confront injustice and some of society’s most difficult issues. In all our work, the Fund strives to be a voice of hope and a force for positive change.
Motivated by our values, the Fund seeks to:
- Build a fair and inclusive democracy in which all Californians have equal opportunities for participation and representation.
- Make higher education more affordable so all young people have opportunities to realize the dream of a college degree.
- Help immigrant children and youth thrive and unleash their potential to shape the future of California.
- Advance full equality for LGBT people so they have the same civil rights protections other Americans take for granted.
- Build the skills of organization and movement leaders so they can advance the cause of social change
- Ensure Crissy Field remains a beautiful and beloved gathering place for all people.
- Channel the generosity of the Bay Area to provide emergency assistance for individuals and families.